Benefits: Pension, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Location: Tavis House, London
Closing Date: 29 September 2014
Job reference: EP0080
Age UK’s vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be. We're passionately committed to helping as many people as possible love later life.
Age UK Enterprises, also offers a range of products for the over 50s – from insurance, financial services and funeral plans to energy, personal alarms and legal services.
We currently have a vacancy within our Enterprises division for a Compliance Policy & Advisory Manager.
This role will be responsible for all compliance policy and advisory activities, supporting the Head of Compliance. The successful candidate will provide first line pro-active & reactive regulatory advice to the business to ensure compliance, maintain key documentation in line with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) & other relevant regulatory bodies & monitor relevant policy developments & ensure that the business responds to them appropriately.
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- A sound knowledge of the FCA Handbook and its practical application
- Be able to interpret regulatory papers issued by the FCA
- Analyse Regulatory Papers signifcance to the business
- Review Financial promotions
- Experience of AR's and understanding the implications
- Previous experience in a compliance advisory role with an excellent understanding of FCA rules and guidelines
- Previous experience of reviewing & approving key documentation, including financial promotions
- Previous experience of working in financial services compliance
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Confident presentation skills
Apply for this role
Please find further information and the role description in the Job Pack.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please visit our Work for us page for an application form and further information.
Due to the high cost of postage‚ we regret we shall not be able to write personally to applicants who are not short-listed. Therefore, if you have not heard from us‚ you should presume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults who need care and support, and expects all staff, and volunteers to share this commitment
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.