If you run a business or company you can support us here at Age UK Bedfordshire and improve the lives of older people in Bedfordshire and Luton. You can raise the profile of your business whilst doing so; we look forward to working together.
There are many different ways you can fundraise for us to help improve the lives of older people in Bedfordshire. Here are a few ideas from our A-Z List which may be suitable for your workplace.
Check out our A-Z List of Fundraising Ideas for more inspiration.
- Hold a 'dress down' day for staff asking for a small donation in return
- Organise a cake and bake sale - a lunchtime delight!
- Involve your local social club, workplace club or pub and hold a quiz night
- Arrange a clothes swap amongst staff asking for a small donation in return
- £50 donated to us through any fundraising method, could help a vunerable, older person in Bedfordshire benefit from a Hot Box to help them keep warm through the winter months.
Here are some comments from our vulnerable clients who have received Hot Boxes:
'I am absolutely chuffed to bits, I didn't have a dressing gown before you gave me one.'
'Thank you for my cold weather parcel, it was such a lovely surprise and arrived a week before my 78th Birthday. I shall have extra warmth when needed.'
'Thank you so much for the parcel you delivered, it was like Christmas. The flask is wonderful, I never thought of filling a flask full of warm tea and putting by my bed before. Once again thank you.'
For more information and to participate to raise money for us, here at Age UK Bedfordshire, please contact Jo Rising on 01234 36051001234 360510 or email: Jo.Rising@ageukbedfordshire.org.uk