The Dementia Action Alliance Brighton & Hove has 6 main objectives –
Dementia Action Alliance / Health and Wellbeing
- Brighton and Hove achieves recognition as a Dementia Friendly Community
- Dementia Awareness is raised significantly within Brighton and Hove
- Sustainability is built into the service model through the creation of community links / forums / groups
- Increased health and wellbeing of people with dementia and their carers
- Reduced social isolation of people with dementia and their carers
- People with dementia and their carers experience significant improvements in their experience of living in Brighton and Hove
Currently, the Dementia Action Alliance Brighton & Hove communicate via a platform called Wiggio. Please click HERE to join this hub - all you need to do is enter your email address and it will sign you up. This is where you will find all of the alliance communication and where we can plan and discuss as a community.
Please also feel free to contact Matthew, the Dementia Action Alliance Coordinator at Age UK Brighton & Hove by email if you have any thoughts on the shape and direction of the Dementia Action Alliance here in Brighton & Hove: DementiaA@ageuk-bh.org.uk
- Coming up -
We have a wonderful play reading coming up as part of Brighton Fringe called Don't Leave Me Now - more info and booking is available here.
We also have another Dementia Action Alliance specific event coming up in May - details to be announced soon! In the meantime find out a little about it here.
- Past events -
We had a very successful launch event on 9th March 2017, with presentations from Dementia Action Alliance Brighton & Hove, the Centre for Dementia Studies, MyLife Films, the Dementia Friends and more + a Q&A with all speakers.