How we support you
If you meet the criteria you will be introduced to a Support Worker who will make a visit each week for an agreed period of time. The service is temporary for a period of 3 months to a maximum of 2 years.
Who may use the Service?
Older people who live within the Bristol boundaries either in rented or owner occupied accommodation, are over the age of 55 years and in need of housing related support. The scheme offers 80 places which will be allocated and prioritised according to the needs of the individual. The Service also offers an additional 40 places for older people who misuse alcohol or live chaotically.
If you meet the criteria what support can we offer?
- Welfare checks to ensure well being
- Assistance to maintain the safety of the home and report maintenance issues, minor repairs etc.
- Income maximisation checks, completing benefit forms, budgeting
- Moving and resettlement activity including support to source furniture, funding, liaising with utility companies, signing on with GPs. etc.
- Support to access social networks and other services
- Accompany to appointments
- Informal advocacy and liaison with other agencies, Social Services etc
- Help with life skills, for example, food preparation, advice and prompting on cleaning and hygiene, assistance and advice on budgeting and managing finances and dealing with correspondence.
Service opening times:
Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm
How can you access the Service?
Referrals can be made by yourself, a relative or a professional. Either complete the referral form below or for further information call us on 0117 9281 546. On completion and return of the form you will be contacted by the Service Co-ordinator to arrange an assessment visit.
Download a referral form