Often as people grow older, they may need to make housing changes due to their changing circumstances. There are a number of options available:
- Adapting your home
- Getting extra help at home
- Improving your security at home
- Moving to a smaller home
- Moving to sheltered accommodation
- Moving to a care home
Age UK publications and factsheets provide detailed information and guidance on housing information and where to get help. Our information officers can help you find the information you need.
You will also be able to find help from the following organisations:
- Cambridge City Council
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- Fenland District Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- South Cambridgeshire District Council
The website www.HousingCare.org will provide information about maintaining, adapting and improving your home, finding services and moving to sheltered, extra care or residential homes.
Another charity that might be able to help you with your housing enquiry is Shelter.
Visit the Shelter website to find out more