The advice & support team can:
- Help you check if you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to - many older people are missing out on money that is rightfully theirs
- Help you to claim benefits
- Provide advice on the management of financial problems - for complex problems we may suggest seeing a more specialist agency
- Provide advice when an older person is no longer able to manage their own financial affairs
- Provide small grants in cases of hardship which cannot be funded elsewhere; also can make applications for help to other charities in appropriate cases
You can contact the advice & support team using the details below.
Age UK Publications and factsheets contain useful information on a range of financial matters.
Advice & support team
Phone: 020 7239 0400
Phone: 0845 6060265
Part of Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), deals with Pension credit and State retirement pension claims.
Disability and carers service
Phone: 08457 123456
Part of DWP deals with Attendance Allowance and Disability allowance, the disability related benefits.
Phone: 01253 856123
Advises and assists people to claim Carers allowance providing the person they are caring for receives middle or higher rate of Attendance allowance.
Camden benefits service
Phone: 020 7974 5950
Administers housing benefit and Council tax benefit for people who need help with their rent and Council tax payments.
Winter fuel payments
Phone: 08459 151515
For information about winter fuel payments, a claim form or to report a change in your circumstances.