Information and advice from ASC
Access to free, high quality, independent, information and advice is an important factor in enabling people to make informed choices about issues that affect them. ASC will ensure that people not only have access to information but are advised on the consequences of the different choices they make and are also given support to implement those choices and manage risk.
Ease of access will make this a timely and cost effective service; preventing situations reaching a crisis.
- Telephone Helpline 020 8686 0066 – Initially 10am-4pm Monday to Friday
- General Advice Drop in at a number of locations
- Specialist Surgeries (by appointment and/or drop in)
- Home visits, where appropriate
- Community outreach sessions including awareness raising sessions
- Email enquiries to a dedicated advice email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plus a comprehensive online “Directory of Services”
The level of support provided to clients is tailored to the individual’s needs and capability, to empower them to deal with issues; to remain independent and in control of their own lives.
Download our Advice Services postcard
View our new Diary of advice sessions
Visit the Advice Services Croydon website
The Advocacy service will empower people to:
- speak up for themselves
- secure their rights and entitlements
- make informed choices about services
- manage risk
- enable them to stay in control of their lives
Financial Advocacy and Ongoing Financial Maintenance will support people to deal with issues relating to:
- creditors and debt
- bankruptcy and court actions
- setting up and managing bank accounts
- direct debits and standing orders
- scams and doorstep crime and financial abuse.
Download our Advocacy Service postcard
Advice Services Croydon (ASC)
This service is available to all adults with care and support needs
- Information and advice
- Support services – Assessment for environmental equipment loans
ASC is a Consortium of four partners:
- Age UK Croydon (lead organisation)
- Croydon Hearing Resource Centre
- Croydon Vision
- Disability Croydon
Ways to access the ASC service:
For full details see the Advice Diary on the ASC website www.adviceservicescroydon.org.uk
Centre 70 Debt Advice
On the last Friday of every month, Centre 70 Advice Centre (www.centre70.org.uk) will be providing a free, impartial, independent and confidential outreach advice service at our Katharine Street office on debt and money management. Appointments can be made calling our helpline on 020 8686 0066 or our Katharine Street office 020 8680 5450 (Avaliable 10am - 1pm & 2pm - 4pm)
See details on this month's upcoming "Debt Advice Clinic" session here.
Please note: While the service normally takes place on the last Friday of every month, this month's session will take place on 23rd June. NOT on 30th June.
Trading Standards Newsletter - 2016/17
Information Network Bulletin - Edition 4. Click here to read the latest edition.