A new befriending service for Anglesey residents.
What does the service offer?
• Friendship and companionship for older people in their own homes.
• Support that enables older people to visit and participate in activities and centres in their local community .
What happens next?
• Contact Cadwyn Môn on 01248 725759 for more information or to arrange a home visit
• A co-ordinator will visit you for the initial assessment, find out what you would like and match the right volunteer for you.
• Depending on what you would like to do, the trained volunteer will visit you once a week for a set time period, to support and enable you to become a more active part of your community, whatever that means to you. It may be you would like to visit an activity centre, join a club, attend your local WI, go shopping whatever it is we will try and support you so that you gain the confidence to eventually carry out these activities yourself.
How much does this service cost?
Free - there is no charge for using this service.
I don’t live on Anglesey, can I still receive this service?
No, Cadwyn Môn is for the residents of Anglesey only. But do not worry! there is befriending service in Gwynedd called ‘Ffrindiau’.
All staff and volunteers are fully trained and vetted by the criminal records bureau.
Cadwyn Môn is a partnership project, funded by the Big Lottery Fund, between Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn, Carers Outreach and WRVS to set up and run a befriending service on Anglesey.
If you would like to become a befriending volunteer contact Helen Ellis