Befriending service for Anglesey residents.
What does the service offer?
• Friendship and companionship for people over the age of 50 living on Anglesey.
• Support that enables older people to visit and participate in activities and centres in their local community over a period of 10 weeks.
What happens next?
• Contact Cadwyn Môn on 01248 724970 for more information
• A co-ordinator will visit you for a chat to find out what you would like to do
• Depending on what you would like to do, the trained volunteer will visit you once a week for a set time period, to support and enable you to be more active in your community, whatever that means to you. It may be you would like to visit an activity centre, join a club, attend your local WI, go out for the afternoon, whatever it is we will try and support you so that you gain the confidence to eventually carry out these activities by yourself.
How much does this service cost?
Free - there is no charge for this service.
I don’t live on Anglesey, can I still receive this service?
Cadwyn Môn is for the residents of Anglesey only. But do not worry! there is befriending service in Gwynedd called ‘Ffrindiau’ contact 01286685929 for more information
Cadwyn Môn is a partnership project, funded by the Big Lottery Fund, between Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn, Carers Outreach and RVS to set up and run a befriending service on Anglesey.
If you would like to know more about the service or would like to volunteer, please contact Helen Ellis