16 care homes have signed up to take part in our award-winning My Home Life Cymru programme.
My Home Life Cymru works to improve life for people living in, visiting or working in care homes across Wales.
Holly Lodge Care Home in Cwmbran is one of the homes taking part, as its manager Gwyneth Virgo explains:
“We’re very excited to have been selected to take part in the My Home Life Cymru programme and to have our work acknowledged in this way.
“Holly Lodge Care Home prides itself on making sure that we do all we can – and more, to make life just that little bit better everyone who lives, visits and works here.
“We set out to create an environment where residents truly feel at home and their relatives know that their family members are receiving the best care available.
“It really is an honour to be recognised by My Home Life Cymru and have our practices held up as shining examples as some of the best care delivery in Wales.”
My Home Life Cymru’s Programme Manager, John Moore says:
“We’re very glad to be working with Holly Lodge and the homes across Wales who have accepted our invitation to take part in the My Home Life Cymru programme.
“We’ll be working with residents, their relatives and the staff at these homes to identify the things that they do to bring joy to everyone.
“These can be very simple and straightforward ideas or complex innovations but the aim will be the same – improving people’s day-to-day lives in care homes.
“My Home Life Cymru will eventually share this wealth of knowledge and information to benefit as many people as possible in care homes across Wales.”
The sixteen homes talking part in the pilot project are:
1. Aberpennar Court Care Home, Mountain Ash;
2. Ashgrove Care Home, Gresford;
3. Bryncelyn Nursing Home, Maesteg;
4. Hengoed Court Nursing Home, Swansea;
5. Holly Lodge Care Home, Cwmbran;
6. Llys Gwyn House, Swansea;
7. The Marina Nursing Home, Swansea;
8. Min-y-Mynydd Residential Home, Rhymney;
9. Pantanas Care Home, Treharris;
10. Penpergwm House Care Home for Older People, Abergavenny;
11. Quarry Hall Care Home, Cardiff;
12. St Jude Care Home, Cardiff;
13. Talbot Court Care Home, Port Talbot;
14. Tŷ Ceirios Nursing Home, Pontypool;
15. Woodfold Nursing Home, Colwyn Bay;
16. Woodside Grange Care Home, Rhos on Sea;
‘My Home Life Cymru’ won the ‘Innovation in care award’ at the prestigious Wales Care Awards 2010.
‘My Home Life Cymru’ is in its fourth year and has worked with 38 care homes from across the country to uncover and share best practice.
The Welsh Government is funding My Home Life Cymru.