Author: Age Cymru
Published on 19 January 2015 11:00 AM
49 community groups across Wales have received grants through our Gwanwyn arts project to organise an event, or a series of events, during this year’s festival.
Creative writing workshops, photography classes, music in hospitals and dance sessions are just a few of the many events happening through Gwanwyn.
The festival and community grants are supported by the Welsh Government and Arts Council of Wales.
Emma Robinson, Gwanwyn’s Arts and Creativity Officer says:
“We’re so pleased to provide grants to these community groups across Wales, giving them the opportunity to hold an arts and creativity event for their local area.
“Each event will offer attendees the chance to be creative or learn a new skill; from have a go at Shakespeare to listening to music on a train!
“So, get involved in the Gwanwyn festival this year and be creative!”
If you would like to find out more about the Gwanwyn Festival events, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
Gwanwyn, which means ‘spring’ in Welsh, celebrates older age as a time of opportunity for renewal, growth and creativity.
Groups receiving a Gwanwyn community grant:
1. Abbey Dingle Care Home
2. Age Cymru Ceredigion
3. Age Well Dolgellau
5. Bethshan Sheltered Housing Association
6. Blaenau Ffestiniog Age Well Centre
7. Breaking Barriers
8. Butetown History and Arts Centre
9. Carrog Village Hall
10. Conwy Arts Service
11. Cwmamen Artage
12. Dinefwr Photography Group
13. Disability Arts Cymru
14. Flintshire County Council
15. HAUL Arts in Health
16. Hightown Community Resource Centre
17. Kaleidoscope Project
18. Martine Ormerod
19. Menter Iaith Sir y Flint
20. Monmouth Museum
21. Music in Hospitals
22. Older Voice Group Rhondda Cynon Taff
23. Oriel Davies
24. Penrhyndeudraeth Age Well Centre
25. Pinboard Writers
26. Polish Housing Society Ltd.
27. Pontyclun Community Council
28. Porthmadog Age Well Centre
29. Red Cafe
30. Rhondda Radio
31. RMBI Albert Edward
32. Rubicon Dance
33. Shakespeare Link
34. Sir Gar WI
35. South Denbighshire Community Partnership
36. St David’s Hospice
37. Striking Attitudes
38. Stroke Association
39. Suitcase Theatre
40. TAN Dance
41. TAPE Community Music and Film
42. Theatr Felinfach
43. Theatr Harlech
44. Torfaen Art for Fun
45. Treherbert Quilting Group
46. Ty Ross Care Home
47. Monmouthshire Housing Association
48. Gwynedd Council Plas Maesincla
49. Gwynedd Council SALT