Author: Age Cymru
Published on 07 November 2014 02:30 PM
A Wales-wide search is now on to find the unsung heroes that make life better for our over 50s.
We've just launched the Age Cymru Awards 2014 and there are six awards up for grabs:
1. The Active Ageing Award to be awarded to an older person who has taken up an Age Cymru active ageing activity and has been an inspiration to others.
2. The Campaigner Award to be awarded to an individual who has made a major contribution to ensuring that older peoples’ voices are heard.
3. The Gwanwyn Award to be awarded in recognition of an exceptional contribution to the delivery of Age Cymru’s Gwanwyn festival of arts for older people.
4. The Local Delivery Award to be awarded to a local Age Cymru partner project where there is demonstrable benefit to local residents in an area of Wales.
5. The My Home Life Cymru Award to be awarded in recognition an example of good practice that epitomises the My Home Life Cymru ethos and approach.
6. The Volunteer Award to be awarded in recognition of an outstanding contribution in supporting Age Cymru's work.
Commenting on the awards, Age Cymru’s Chief Executive, Ian Thomas says:
“Age Cymru is privileged to work with incredible individuals and organisations.
“We want to celebrate the outstanding contributions that these unsung heroes make to the lives of older people through the Age Cymru Awards.
“If you know of anyone who deserves to be acknowledged for the work they’ve done with Age Cymru, please nominate them."
If you want to nominate someone you know for an Age Cymru Award download the nomination forms or email our awards team or contact us on 029 2043 1555.
Closing date for nominations is Monday 15 December.
The winners will receive their awards at Age Cymru’s Awards and Gala Dinner at the Cardiff Hilton on 27 February 2015.