Author: Age Cymru
Published on 11 February 2013 12:00 PM
Six deserving winners walked away with five awards at the Age Cymru Spread the Warmth Gala Fundraising Dinner and Awards on Friday 8 February.
- Norma Round-Dipple from the Penparcau Progressive Action Group (PAG) picked up the Gwanwyn Award;
- Hengoed Court Care Home in Swansea won the My Home Life Cymru Award;
- Ioan and Sheila Williams from Llanelli got the Active Ageing Award;
- Margaret Smeed from Abergavenny received the Campaigner of the Year Award;
- The Home Cleaning Team from Age Cymru Ceredigion was given the Local Delivery Award;
Age Cymru’s Director of Income Resources Richard Nicholls says:
“Congratulations to our winners and to everyone who was nominated for an Age Cymru Award.
“The standard of the entries we received was very high.
“Our judges certainly had their work out for them deciding on our eventual winners, and well done to everyone whose efforts earned them an Age Cymru Award.
“I’d like to thank Roy Noble for hosting the evening and our celebrity guests Derek Brockway, Behnaz Akhgar and Gwawr Edwards for presenting the winners with their awards.
“Thanks also to everyone who came along to support our Spread the Warmth Gala Fundraising Dinner and Awards.
“Your generosity, humour and goodwill ensured that our event was an overwhelming success and a night that all will remember for a long time to come.”