Published on 25 August 2010 12:30 AM
Age Cymru and Hugh James have launched a guide to paying for care.
'Brief Guide to Paying for Care’ is designed to highlight the main steps you will need to take when finding a care home.
The user-friendly guide specifically covers:
- Available funding options
- NHS Continuing Healthcare
- NHS funding
- Multi-disciplinary team assessments
- Challenging assessment decisions
- What to do if you are not fully funded for care?
- Will you need to pay for your own care?
- What options are available to me if I do not want to sell my home?
- Choosing the right care home
Meryl Randell-Jones of Age Cymru says:
'Age Cymru and Hugh James have worked closely this year to identify the issues that really matter to older people in Wales.
'It is almost certain that we or someone we love or care for will need some kind of care during their lives, so we decided to produce this useful step-by-step guide.
'Choosing a care home – either for yourself or a loved one, is one of the most important decisions we may have to make during our lifetimes.
'We hope that "Brief Guide to Paying for Care" will provide many of the answers to difficult questions that people are asking throughout Wales today.'
Download 'Brief Guide to Paying for Care' and some helpful questions to ask
Brief guide to paying for care (English)
Arweiniad byr i dalu am ofal (Cymraeg)
Choosing a care home
Dewis cartef gofal
Visit the website of Hugh James
This guide has been sponsored Hugh James - visit their website