Author: Age Cymru
Published on 23 September 2013 02:30 PM
We’ve launched the tenth edition today of EnvisAGE – Age Cymru’s annual journal about issues that affect older people.
EnvisAGE aims to stimulate discussion and share good practice on older people’s issues.
This edition looks at ‘active ageing’.
The World Health Organisation defines active ageing as maximising ‘opportunities for health, participation and security in order to enhance quality of life as people age’.
Age Cymru invites guest writers to provide articles for EnvisAGE.
The 10th edition issue of Envisage contains contributions from:
• Dr Ruth Hussey OBE - the Chief Medical Officer for Wales;
• Lisa Turnbull - Senior Fellow, Welsh Institute for Health & Social Care, University of South Wales;
• Glenn Little – Age Cymru’s Physical Activity Development Officer;
• Beverlea Reatugi - National Programme Director at the Older People’s Commission for Wales;
• Stephen Mc Nair – Senior Research Fellow at NIACE;
• Bob Laventure - Consultant on older people and physical activity to the British Heart Foundation (BHF) National Centre for Physical Activity and Health at Loughborough University;
• Steve Williams – Deputy Chief Officer at Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn;
Visit the EnvisAGE page.