Gwanwyn arts grants programme

Source : Age Cymru
Published on 20 December 2013 11:30 AM

We're glad to announce that the Gwanwyn Festival's  Community Grants Programme is now open.

Welsh community groups are invited to apply for financial support to hold creative events for older people in May 2014.

The Community Grant Scheme allows groups to organise activities as part of the Gwanwyn Festival during the spring.

Sums of up to £500 are available to groups all over Wales, providing opportunities for older people to engage in creative events.

All groups are invited to participate with 2013 welcoming choirs, care homes, community groups, writers clubs and many more.

Emma Robinson, Arts and Creativity Development Officer at Age Cymru says;

“The Gwanwyn Festival is an opportunity for renewal, growth and creativity, with the aim to offer more opportunities for older people to participate in the arts.

“Last year, over 9000 people enjoyed our activities – and you too could be a part of it by organising your own creative event in 2014!”

Applications are now open with the deadline for submission on Friday 14th February 2014.

For an application form, information pack and details about how to apply, please visit our Gwanwyn website or to request a pack by post please call Age Cymru on 029 2043 1555.

Are you a journalist?

If you are a journalist and would like to speak to our External Relations team, please call on 029 2043 1565, 07739 894 923.

Like us on Facebook - us on Twitter -  

Your Age Cymru

Set your location to see what Age Cymru offers in your local area.

Age Cymru Advice:
08000 223 444
Advice line:
08000 223 444

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What does Age Cymru do in my area?

Donate today

Help support our work with older people

Donate now



A couple getting advice

About Age Cymru

Find out what Age Cymru does, its history, how it raises money and more about the charity.

Close window
Display options

Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

Text size


To see information relating to England, Northern Ireland or Scotland set your preference below: