About 4 million older people are entitled to Pension Credit, yet about 1 in 3 of those eligible are still not claiming it.
Pension Credit comes in 2 parts and you may be eligible for one or both:
- Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income to a guaranteed minimum level.
- Savings Credit is extra money if you’ve got some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension.
What you'll get with Pension Credit
Guarantee Credit will top up your weekly income to:
- £155.60 if you’re single
- or £237.55 if you’re a couple.
(If you are entitled to certain disability benefits or Carer's Allowance, these rates may be higher.)
If you qualify for Savings Credit, you can get up to:
- £13.07 extra per week if you’re single
- or £14.75 if you’re a couple.