Tracing old pensions

lady holding telephone

If you moved between jobs while working you may have a pension with more than one employer. Find out how to track down and claim your money.

The Pension Tracing Service is free and can help you trace a pension that you’ve lost track of, even if you don’t have the contact details of the provider.

All you need to know is the name of your previous employer or pension scheme. But if you can, collect as much information as you can find about the employer:

  • any previous names it had
  • the type of business it ran
  • whether it changed address
  • and when you belonged to the scheme.


Ensuring you have all these details, then call the Pension Tracing Service on 0845 600 2537 who will check your information against its database of pension schemes.

They should be able to give you details of the pension’s administrator - you then need to contact the pension administrator to ask for your pension to be paid.

Or you can send an online form directly to Pension Tracing Service.

Advice line:
08000 223 444

Useful websites

  • If you've lost details about a pension scheme and need help contacting the provider, The Pension Tracing Service may be able to help.

  • For more information about tracing pension schemes visit the Money Advice Service.

    opens link in new window the Money Advice Service

Close window
Display options

Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

Text size


To see information relating to England, Northern Ireland or Scotland set your preference below: