Volunteers play an important role in helping Age UK East London support older people. They bring a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives which enhance our work and help to support older people. Without them, we wouldn't be able to delivery such a range of services.
Age UK East London has a wide range of volunteering opportunities for people with a little spare time to offer.
Trustee Board - Requirements
For more information about any of these volunteering opportunities and how to get involved, please contact us on:
Tel: 0208 981 7124
What you can expect from us . . .
If you become a volunteer with Age UK East London, we:
- Provide a role description so you are clear as to what is expected of you
- Offer training and support to enable you to perform your chosen role
- Reimburse certain expenses (e.g. travel)
What we expect from you . . .
As one of our volunteers, we expect you to:
- Be available regularly (hours per week varies depending on what you volunteer for) with a commitment of at least 6 months
- Ensure you understand and abide by any guidelines associated with your role
- Be reliable, as our clients depend on the services we provide
- Be trustworthy and keep information about clients confidential
- Be a good ambassador for Age UK East London.