To reduce the isolation and loneliness felt by local older people Age UK East Sussex has launched the 123 Service.
This innovative service provides companionship and support:
- By telephone and home visits
- By assistance to enjoy the day and achieve practical tasks
- By escorting and encouraging clients to attend local community centres, events, clubs and friendship groups facilitating future independent attendance and peer-to-peer contact
Who is eligible?
- East Sussex residents aged 50+, living alone and experiencing a degree of social isolation
How the service works?
- A co-ordinator visits the client at home and carries out an assessment
- A trained volunteer is matched to a client to provide companionship, escort clients to local events or clubs
- The volunteer works with the client and supports them to build their own social networks to overcome isolation.
- This support is available to the client for up to one year.
How much does it cost?
- This service is free of charge
To make a referral in Hastings and Rother
To make a referral in Lewes, Wealden and Eastbourne
01273 476704 ext. 225