Macmillan Home Support
This service is run by Age UK East Sussex in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support and is tailored to support older people living with cancer who would benefit from some help with domestic duties with the aim of supporting them to complete their treatment plan.
About the service
The service is for older people or their friends and relatives who are concerned about how they will cope at home when leaving hospital.
How our volunteers can help
• Visit older people at home for up to 8 weeks
• With light house keeping
• Collect prescriptions and shopping
• Prepare light snacks
• Provide information and help to obtain other services or equipment needed
• Make introductions to clubs and other organisations
• Anyone over 55 years of age
• Lives in East Sussex
• Living with cancer and receiving treatment
• Living alone, with a carer, or with someone who is physically unable to help
Accessing the service
This free service is tailored to meet individual needs and aims to increase the confidence and independence of older people.
Referrals can be made by the older person themselves or alternatively a ward nurse, social worker, GP, friend or relative on their behalf.
The service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
To make a referral contact Jo Wood