From time to time, local law firms will run a Wills for Charity scheme. This is where the solicitor does not charge for their time to write a simple Will. Instead of charging, the solicitor encourages the client to make a donation to Charity, in this case Age UK Exeter.
Kitsons' Wills fortnight - 17-29 April - is available for booking NOW!
Once again, Kitsons are running a Wills fortnight in aid of Age UK Exeter.
Here's how it works...
- The appointment must be booked directly with Kitsons, mentioning the “Age UK Exeter Will Scheme” at the time of making the appointment.
- Instead of paying the usual solicitors' fee, you will be asked to make a donation to Age UK Exeter. Full details of the scheme along with suggested donation amounts will be explained when the appointment is made with Kitsons.
- To make your booking, phone Kitsons on 01392 455 555.
- Appointments are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The call to make an appointment can be made any time but the appointment date must be taken up within the dates above.
We hope lots of you will make the most of this ideal opportunity - don't put it off, get it sorted and you'll have peace of mind... and by using this scheme you'll be supporting our work helping people in Exeter love later life.
Thank you to Kitsons for their continued support!
A huge thank you to Tozers who ran our last Write a Will fortnight in October!
We are delighted to announce that this event raised over £1,000! Thank you so much to everyone involved.
We hope to bring you another Write a Will event soon - watch this space.
If you wish to be notified when the next event is happening, please give us a call on 01392 202092.
Working with local solicitors
If you represent a local law firm that would like to participate in a future Will writing event with Age UK Exeter, we would love to hear from you.
To discuss how we could work together, please contact Jacqui Cornish on 01392 202092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A great bit thank you also to Kitsons who ran our Write a Will fortnight in April 2016!
Local law firm Kitsons have raised over £3,000 for local charity Age UK Exeter.
Kitsons Partner, Charlie Siegle, waived Will writing fees for 25 clients in April, instead encouraging clients to make a donation to Age UK Exeter.
Charity Director Martyn Rogers said "We are so grateful to Charlie and the team at the Exeter office. The money raised will make a huge difference and every penny will be spent directly helping us tackle isolation and loneliness in Exeter."
Charlie Siegle said "Kitsons are very proud to support Age UK Exeter, they are a fantastic local charity, who provide vital support for older people in Exeter."
Keep in touch...
To make sure you don't miss out on this and other events and activities, why not follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Age Positive: rather than talk about ‘the elderly’, ‘pensioners’ or ‘OAPs’, which can be excluding or have negative connotations, we use the term ‘older people’. Age UK Exeter is committed to helping people love later life.