Morrisons colleagues are voting this January to choose their charity partner. Morrisons staff: we need you!
Please vote Age UK for your new charity partner to help end loneliness for 250,000 people across every Morrisons community. You can vote in your store, office or site from 16 to 27 January.
Even if you don't work at Morrisons, you can still join our campaign.
Pledge your support
Let's combat loneliness together
Thousands of lonely older people visit Morrisons stores every day. For many, a chat at the till point might be the only one they’ll have all week.
It’s a heart-breaking fact that 800,000 older people spent Christmas Day alone. And over 1 million older people are facing 2017 with no one to turn to for love, friendship and support.
This partnership means everything to Age UK. We very rarely get opportunities like this because older people tend to be forgotten.
Together Morrisons and Age UK have the opportunity to really tackle loneliness in every Morrisons’ community, helping 250,000 people like Roy and Florence…
Watch to see how we'll transform older lives together
How you can get involved
We need Age UK supporters everywhere to help us win this partnership. Whether you work for Morrisons, know someone who does or shop there - you can help!
- Morrisons staff, please vote Age UK for your new charity partner. You can do this in your store, office or site from 16 to 27 January. Ask your Community Champion or People Manager for more information.
- Shoppers, family & friends, please spread the word about the important work that Age UK does. Make a difference simply by visiting your local Morrisons store and asking employees to vote Age UK to help end loneliness in your community.
Pledge your support
How Age UK and Morrisons will tackle loneliness together
Through a partnership with Age UK you can make sure that lonely older people get the help they need, and put the heart back into all our local communities. It will help us reach at least 250,000 older people through:
- Thousands of local social activities and support services delivered through 150 local Age UKs near every Morrisons store in England, and our other national charities Age Cymru and Age Scotland
- A brand new national online 'friendship hub' to bring lonely older people together with other lonely older people
- A national loneliness awareness campaign that starts in every store and asks everyone to reach out and combat loneliness for older people in their communities.
An older lady we spoke to told us:
"Every week when I go to Morrisons, I go to the same check-out with a lovely man who chats to me about how I am, and it makes me feel not so alone."
No company is better placed than Morrisons to help Age UK end loneliness. For thousands of older people their weekly trip to Morrisons is their only chance to have a chat and raise a smile. Now, together Age UK and Morrisons can do so much more. Together we can end loneliness.