What has Age UK achieved during Spread the Warmth?
Last year we ...
- Reached over 60,000 older people with supplies like blankets, heaters and coats
- Helped over 13,000 people attended celebratory events
- Touched nearly 3,500 older people with Call in time - a telephone befriending service that aims to reduce isolation and loneliness
- Received over 75,000 calls to our national Advice line, from older people seeking advice on Spread the Warmth issues
- Conducted 3,700 Handyperson visits during the winter period, helping make people feel safer and more positive to remain independent and confident at home
- Helped 7,000 people through home energy checks
- Distributed over 513,000 copies of the Winter wrapped up information guide full of tips on how to stay warm and well in winter
- Persuaded the government to provide £20million to help older people stay warm and well over winter
- And we distributed 640,000 thermometers to make sure older people were checking and keeping their homes at the right temperature !
... and that’s only some of the amazing things that we were able to achieve.
This year, we want to do even better – which is where you come in. Donate to Spread the Warmth today and help us to keep older people warm and comfortable this winter.