At Age UK Hillingdon we are very aware of the difficulties that may arise for people as they become older, especially when it comes to finding out about available services, facilities and financial benefits. Our advice service can help you find out about:
- Health services
- Leisure activities
- Your rights
- Council services
- Welfare Benefits entitlements
- Sheltered housing
- Residential care
- Nursing care
- Local and voluntary services
Who can use this service?
This service is available to any older person in the London Borough of Hillingdon or their carers of family. We can also give information to local residents whose older relatives live elsewhere.
How are we able to do this?
Age UK Hillingdon employs information staff who are trained and experienced in information and advice work. The staff train and work with a team of trained volunteers that enables us to provide and excellent service.
How much help can we offer you?
• We will ensure that someone will listen to your enquiry in a sensitive and professional manner.
• We will discuss your concerns with you and anything that you tell us will be treated in accordance with our confidentiality policy.
• We can provide you with factsheets, briefing papers and relevant leaflets.
• If we are unable to answer your enquiry, we will ensure that we put you in touch with someone who can. If you have a particular problem that we feel requires more detailed attention we will make an appointment for you to see a member of staff.
For Information and Advice Online click HERE