Based at our Head Office in Chapel Court in Hayes
Age UK Hillingdon
Purpose: To assist AUKH administration personnel in carrying out office duties.
Responsible to: The Office Manager.
1. To perform the following tasks:
Photocopying; data entry; folding service and information leaflets; placing documents, including tickets, in envelopes for mail shots; shredding documents; addressing envelopes; general filing and sorting of documents including newspaper clippings etc;
2. To handle telephone calls and take appropriate action by:
Transferring call to a member of staff or volunteer, providing information, taking and passing on a message.
3. To frank letters in preparation for posting.
4. To perform typing duties on a computer and to make entries to AUKH databases.
5. To update information lists.
6. To prepare and send any required information to AUKH trustees, members and volunteers.
7. To attend support and training meetings/courses.
8. To be aware of AUKH’s policies and other AUKH services in order to assist clients.
9. To inform the Office Manager, in a timely manner, of all periods of absence.