Our Community Memory Groups help older people who are finding that their memory loss is beginning to affect their daily lives.
What is a Community Memory Group?
Weekly groups offering memory therapy and social activity. Memory groups bring people together who have memory loss, i.e. have dementia. There are many different benefits of coming along to the group, including:
- Cognitive Stimulation (working the mind)
- Social activities
- Respite for carers
What activities take place at the groups?
- Word & card games
- Art activities
- Looking at Reminiscence pictures and items
- Board games
- And much more designed to stimulate the mind
Who can attend the group?
Attendees will need to fit certain criteria, including:
- Memory loss including a diagnosis of Dementia
- Some mobility (able to get yourself to the toilet)
- Would benefit from taking part in cognitive stimulation activities
Where are the groups?
We currently have six groups:
- Monday in Cowes and Newport
- Tuesday in Lake
- Wednesday in Brading
- Thursday in Ryde and Freshwater
The cost of each group session is £23 for the day, which runs from 10 am to 3 pm. Lunch can be provided at £5 or attendees are welcome to bring their own packed lunch.
If you would like anymore information please don’t hesitate to our Health & Wellbeing Team on (01983) 525282 or email: email@example.com
You can find out more about Dementia Support Services, Groups and Organisations on the Island by downloading the: