What's it all about?
The Age UK London Business Directory is an online directory developed to help protect older people from rogue traders by putting them in contact with businesses that have all been checked and vetted by our staff. We have a great selection of different businesses, from the typical traders such as plumbers and electricians to hairdressers and solicitors.
We pride ourselves on thoroughly checking each business and making sure that these checks are repeated every time they renew.
All businesses in the Directory must provide the following:
• A form of identification
• A copy of their Public Liability insurance certificate/schedule (cover £2 million minimum)
• A copy of their Employers' Liability insurance certificate/schedule, if applicable (cover £5 million minimum)
• Copies of membership certificates for any trade associations and professional bodies they belong to (e.g. NICEIC, Gas Safe, CQC registered).
• Names and addresses for a minimum of three customer references
Businesses also need to sign our Trading Standards form and our Customer Charter declaration.
To find a business, simply visit www.saferservices.london and search for the particular service you are looking for, or alternatively call us for FREE on 0800 334 5056 and a dedicated member of staff will be happy to take your call.
Tips for using the Business Directory:
• Be sure to type in your full postcode to ensure you get the closest businesses
• We recommend you call at least three businesses so you can get a good idea of the range of costs and services
• If you can’t find the service you are looking for you, call us free on 0800 334 5056
• If you go ahead with any work, be sure to get a full written quote and a receipt of any payments you make
If you are a company interested in joining the Age UK London Business Directory, or if you have a business you would like to recommend, please call 0800 334 5056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All profits made from the site will go to Age UKs in London to help improve the lives of older people in their communities.