We have grouped our strategic priorities under five headings – People, Partnerships, Services, Resources and Voices. These priorities will set the direction Age UK Lambeth will follow from 2013-17 and provide the chart against which we will evaluate and measure our success.
- To have a real impact on the ability of older people to live independent lives, support their own well-being and actively contribute to society.
- To be inclusive and celebrate the diversity of Lambeth’s older people in all we do.
- To reduce loneliness and social isolation.
- To seek to build community cohesion in all we do.
- To be sensitive and respectful in working with older people.
- To build strong partnerships and alliances that ensure Age UK Lambeth makes a real impact over the longer term.
- To work collaboratively and in partnership so that we are most effective and use our collective resources well.
- To link our services to general health and social care in the community via referrals.
- To lead the new Lambeth Ageing Well Partnership.
- To seek to influence sustainable solutions to help Lambeth adapt for an ageing population now and in the future.
- To improve and extend services for older people.
- To provide good quality and appropriate services and support.
- To provide information, advice and advocacy services to an increasingly high standard as our flagship service.
- To seek to develop projects and services which build skills, develop capacity and are sustainable over the longer term.
- To work within relevant local statutory arrangements to promote and safeguard the welfare of all older citizens of Lambeth.
- To develop Age UK Lambeth as a sustainable, collaborative organisation that is proactive and develops new services that respond to changing local, regional and national needs and context.
- To provide, commission or support others to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that address those issues which are important to older people.
- To ensure that Age UK Lambeth is financially strong and well run.
- To introduce charges as appropriate and ensure that any surpluses are reinvested in other support services.
- To take an evidence based approach, focusing our resources in areas of highest impact and greatest need.
- To raise the profile of Age UK Lambeth and promote a positive view of the contribution that older people make to society.
- To keep older people well informed about the services available for them and of opportunities to socialise and participate in activities.
- To promote the well-being of older people.
- To campaign to improve services locally.
- To be a catalyst for improvement and change for older people.