Author: Age UK
Published on 28 January 2011 12:30 PM
Age UK, the new force combining Age Concern and Help the Aged, is inviting the people of Newcastle to Eldon Square from 9.00am onwards on Tuesday 1st February to spend some time on the Age UK sofa and share their views about growing older.
The Charity will spend the day filming people of all ages airing their thoughts on all things connected to later life. The footage will be then be showcased on the Age UK website and will also feature at the Charity’s annual conference on 8 March 2011.
Michelle Mitchell, Charity Director at Age UK, said: 'Anyone with experiences to share, something to get off their chest or who would simply like to tell us the best thing about growing older is welcome to come along and have a chat with us on the Age UK sofa.
'Listening to the views and opinions of people about the topics they care about is crucial for Age UK to continue to provide people in later life and their families with the advice and support they need. We hope to see as many people as possible from Newcastle on the Age UK sofa so we can help put the issues that matter to them in the spotlight.'
To find out more information about the Age UK sofa, please contact Age UK on 0208 765 7603.
- ENDS –
Note to Editors
- For more information please contact Lizzie Webster, Age UK Media Team, on 020 8765 7516 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age UK is the new force combining Age Concern and Help the Aged, dedicated to improving later life.
- The Age UK Agenda for Later Life conference 2011 takes place on 8th March 2011 at Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London. For more details visit www.ageuk.org.uk/conferences
- Age UK provide free information, advice and support to over five million people; commercial products and services to over one million customers; and research and campaign on the issues that matter to people in later life. Our work focuses on five key areas: money matters, health and well being, home and care, work and training and leisure and lifestyle. We work with our national partners, Age Scotland, Age Cymru and Age NI (together the Age UK Family), our local Age UK partners in England and local Age Concerns. We also work internationally for people in later life as a member of the DEC and with our sister charity Help Age International.
- Age UK is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England (registered charity number 1128267 and company number 6825798). Age Concern England and Help the Aged (both registered charities), and their trading and other associated companies merged on the 1st April 2009. Together they have formed the Age UK Group (“we”). Charitable services are offered through Age UK and commercial products are offered by the Charity’s trading companies, which donate their net profits to Age UK (the Charity).
Media contact: Lizzie Webster
Tel: 020 8765 7516
Out-of-hours: 07071 243 243