We value your time, skills and experience to help older people across Leicester Shire & Rutland.
We are extremely grateful for the support we receive from our 1,000+ volunteers. The time they contribute allows us to provide a range of quality services for over 3,000 older people which we otherwise would not be able to deliver.
- To make friends and get you out and about again after a change in your life.
- To use your life experience, work skills, talents and abilities to help others
- To help you change your life, work or outlook on life
- To give you work experience – or the confidence - to help you find paid employment
- To help you learn new skills.
Who can volunteer?
Our volunteer roles are undertaken by people from all walks of life, of all ages and with a variety of skills and experience.
Volunteers are key to the running of our 24 charity shops, our day care centres, resource centres, restaurants, coffee bars and befriending services. Volunteer support is also vital to help with our admin, fundraising, marketing and finance functions – and we have a Board of Trustees who work as volunteers to govern our organisation.
You can volunteer regularly for just a few hours a week up to a few days a week or you can join our volunteer register to help with seasonal tasks such as supermarket bag packs and collections, Christmas dinners and summer fetes.
Our Volunteer Strategy ensures that the needs of the charity and the personal development of the volunteers themselves are taken into account. Our volunteers receive an induction programme, training as required and ongoing supervision meetings with their Manager.
It’s easy to become a volunteer with Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland. You can:
• Register your interest by printing, completing and returning our Enquiry Form. Once we receive this we try to match your interests and availability with a suitable opportunity, or we’ll keep your details on file until one arises. If you have not heard from anyone within 2 weeks of sending your enquiry form, you may contact the Volunteer Department on 0116 299 2256 for an update.
Our recruitment process for volunteers requires the completion of an application form once a specific opportunity is identified and it can take 4-6 weeks to complete your references and DBS check, if the role requires one.
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland
113 Princess Road East
0116 299 2256