We offer wellbeing groups across the region attended by people with a wide range of abilities and disabilities, including physical disability or reduced mobility, mental health needs and learning disabilities. We also provide culturally appropriate support to meet the needs of older people form the black and minority ethnic communities. We provide a hot lunch and can usually arrange transport in wheelchair accessible mini buses.
Why join a wellbeing group?
There are many reasons why our clients join one of our wellbeing groups. We find that the main reasons are because they want to:
• Socialise with other local people
• Have a few hours away from home
• Enjoy a hot meal prepared for them
• Participate in group activities and get out into the community for a lunch out or trips to local attractions
• Maintain their independence
• Give their carer a break with the peace of mind that they are being well looked after
• Recover and rehabilitate, giving short term support after a hospital stay or bereavement
How to join a wellbeing group
Joining one of our groups is straightforward.
• If you have a personal budget as a result of a needs assessment, you should tell your social services contact that you’d like to join one of our groups.
• If you would like to join on a self-funding arrangement (where we invoice you directly for your days with us), you should call our care services team on 0116 222 0572 or 0116 222 0558.
One of our Care Services team will then visit you at home to discuss your needs, which may include help with transport, specific dietary needs, medication prompting or a request for specific activities. We then arrange your first visit and introduce you to the team of DBS checked staff and volunteers who run the centre.
FREE taster day
If you would like to visit a group to see first-hand the kind of things you’d be doing if you joined us and to meet our local team, just contact our Care Services Team who can arrange a free taster day for you. If you’d like to bring someone with you, a friend, relative or carer, just let us know.
To find out where we have a group near you, please click here. For more information, please contact us.