We are recruiting volunteer Partnership Ambassadors who would enjoy speaking to customers informally about Age NI services and introducing older people to alternative ways of banking, through our Step by Step partnership with Danske Bank.
Linda Robinson, Age NI Chief Executive: 'One of our volunteer opportunities is Step by Step, an innovative initiative with our charity partner Danske Bank, that enables Age NI volunteers to support older people who want to learn more about alternative ways of banking but aren’t sure how to take that first step. Technology can be daunting for many older people. Banking in particular has changed a great deal in recent years yet we all need to know how best to access and manage our accounts.'
'During Step by Step sessions, which run throughout the year, Age NI volunteers are on hand with the Danske Bank team in branches across Northern Ireland to help people to find out more about the new and varied ways to bank that are available to us all. Our volunteers help people to feel more comfortable about taking that first step into new technology.'
Tony Wilcox, Managing Director of Personal Banking at Danske Bank: 'Danske Bank is delighted to work with Age NI volunteers on the Step by Step initiative. Many older people have embraced digital banking, but for some, it can still be a challenging step to make for a number of reasons.'
'As charity partners we have an opportunity to work together and reduce some of the confusion that exists for older people. Age NI volunteers are an integral part of the initiative as they know too well the challenges that people in later life can face and help to bridge that gap between confusion and comfort with new technology.'
Coffee Morning sessions
Do you have a warm, welcoming and friendly personality?
Volunteers will have the opportunity to host an informal Coffee Morning style session, talk to peer customers about Age NI services and signpost to a dedicated member of Danske Bank staff who is present on the day to answer customer queries about alternative modes of banking.
Ideally we aim to have 2 volunteers for each session. Why not invite a friend to host the session with you?
Volunteers receive an induction session prior to volunteering and reimbursement of travel expenses.
What you can expect:
- Provision of an information session about Age NI & training from Danske Bank’s digital specialists
- Opportunity to join a lively, enthusiastic team of volunteers
- Meet people and make new friends
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
Step by Step Coffee Morning
Date / time: 6 July 10.30am-12pm
Location: Danske Bank Donegal Square West
- Coffee morning, relaxed style with customers, large greeting area and space at seats for coffee & biscuits etc.
- Coffee could be manned by one volunteer with support of Danske Bank staff and stand could be placed opposite in order to show customers queuing.
- Session about raising awareness of many ways to bank; ATM, ADM, Express Deposit, Post Office, eBanking, Telephone banking. Focus not to be solely on eBanking.
- Danske Bank staff available for specific queries re accounts/payments/problems
To volunteer please contact:
Stacey Lee, Volunteer Co-ordinator
Tel: 028 9024 5729
Short url for this webpage: www.ageni.org/vpa