Councillor urges older people to call Age NI helpline

Source : Dromore Leader
Published on 01 July 2012 01:00 PM

Councillor urges older people to call Age NI helpline

Dromore Councillor Paul Rankin is urging older people in the area to contact Age NI's helpline as it continues its efforts to help older people across Northern Ireland access all the financial support they are entitled to.

Age NI's 'Let's Talk Money' campaign comes with news that £100 million in pension credit and housing benefit alone is going unclaimed by older people in Northern Ireland every year, this according to a Report on the Uptake of Benefits by Pensioners from the NI Assembly Public Account Committee.

With the support of the NIE Staff and Pensioners’ Charity Fund, Age NI has produced 'More Money in your Pocket', a simple guide to the benefits available for older people.

Many reasons prevent older people from getting the right financial support - not knowing where to start, difficulty filling in forms, and even the belief that someone else needs the help more.

Said Mr. Rankin, "I would encourage older people to contact the Age NI Helpline 080 8808 7575 for a free and confidential benefits check.

"Last year Age NI dealt with 14,000 calls from older people, through their advice line, identifying £709,000 in unclaimed benefits."

Source: opens link in new window

Your Age NI

Set your location to see what Age NI offers in your local area.

Age NI Advice:
0808 808 7575
Age NI Advice Line:
0808 808 7575

Donate pie chart

Love later life

Love later life

Our vision is a world where everyone can love later life.

Later Life Update

Receive our latest news and events information by email.

Subscribe now



Personal Alarm

Products & Services

Age NI offers a range of products and services tailor-made for the over 50s.

Older people

About Age NI

We deliver care services, provide advice and advocacy, fundraise and influence our decision-makers to help more people love later life.

Investors In People Bronze

Close window
Display options

Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

Text size


To see information relating to England, Scotland or Wales set your preference below: