Author: Age NI
Published on 06 October 2011 02:30 PM
Age NI and Power NI launch Spread the Warmth campaign!
Age NI launches the Spread the Warmth campaign today, supported by Power NI. The campaign is all about making winter better for older people and this year the charity has created Winter Wrapped Up, a comprehensive guide for older people to keeping warm, well and in touch.
Anne O’Reilly, Age NI Chief Executive stated, ‘We are delighted that Power NI is supporting our campaign. 70% of older people worry most about staying warm in winter. That’s why we are asking people across Northern Ireland to help us Spread the Warmth. It’s easy to get involved - pick up or download a copy of Winter Wrapped Up for someone you know; do something kind for an older person to help them during the colder, darker months; organise a Coffee Morning to raise funds for Age NI or simply make a donation to help us reach more older people in need this year. Visit www.ageni.org/spreadthewarmth for more information.’
Stephen McCully, Managing Director of Power NI commented, ‘We are delighted to have developed a powerful partnership with Age NI. Older people are highly valued Power NI customers and we are keen to ensure that we are providing the best service that we can. As the nights grow dark, Power NI is offering a wide range of grants, free advice and practical support for older customers to help you save energy and money, including getting your home insulated for free*. To find out more about the insulation offer call our Freephone number on 0800 0321 894 or visit www.powerni.co.uk/savingenergy ’
* Grants are limited and offered on a first come first served basis with funding provided through the Northern Ireland Sustainable Energy Programme. ( NISEP)
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
Anne O’Reilly, Age NI Chief Executive & Stephen McCully, Power NI Managing Director are pictured with Irene Kennedy, New Face of Age NI winner, launching Winter Wrapped Up, a guide for older people to keeping warm, well and in touch this winter. The guide is part of the Age NI Spread the Warmth campaign supported by Power NI and is available at www.ageni.org/spreadthewarmth
For full resolution version of photo above email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Age NI
- Age NI is the new charity combining Age Concern NI and Help the Aged in Northern Ireland.
- Age NI delivers care services, provides advice and advocacy, campaigns, fundraises and influences our decision-makers to improve later life for us all.
- Visit www.ageni.org to find out more about the charity or follow us on facebook.com/agenicharity & twitter @Age_NI
- If you, or an older person you know, is in need of advice, information or practical support on a wide range of issues including welfare benefits, community care, housing and health, contact the Age NI Advice Service on Freephone 0808 808 7575 to speak to a specialist advisor in confidence.
- Power NI Freephone number is open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm