People of all ages and all walks of life volunteer for Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire.
Would you like to volunteer?
Our continued success depends upon the generosity of our volunteers, who ensure that we can continue to provide a wide variety of services to help older people in our local community. Our volunteers use their skills, experience, enthusiasm and energy daily and without them we could not run our services!
We need you!
Without the help of people like you, a vast number of older people in and around Notingham and Nottinghamshire would be alone and struggling to maintain their independence. Volunteering is not only about giving your time and skills, but also learning new skills, making new friends and gaining self-esteem and pride through the knowledge and appreciation of a job well done.
We are ALWAYS seeking to recruit more volunteers. There are lots of different volunteering opportunities - here are a few:
- Health & Wellbeing Support volunteers to befriend an older person in either their own home or a care home, or to offer practical assistance on a short term basis.
- Walk Leaders
- Assistants in our charity shop in West Bridgford.
- Telephone Befrienders
- Welfare Benefit Advisors
What do you get out of it?
- The chance to make a positive difference to a local older person’s life
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience
- The opportunity to use and broaden your skills and talents
- A new challenge and a way of making good use of your free time
- Being part of an organisation that values your contribution
Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire will provide you with:
- Induction and appropriate training for your role
- Ongoing support from your co-ordinator
- Out of pocket expenses
- Social opportunities
We rely on each and every one of our dedicated volunteers. Without them Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire would not be as successful as it is! Our mission statement is "To enhance the quality of life and promote the health and well-being of all older people", without the support of our volunteers this would be much harder to do.
t 0115 8599204
Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire,
12 Shakespeare Street,