Day Care Services
Sybil Levin Health & Wellbeing Centre provides a warm, safe and stimulating environment for older people with different levels of care needs.
What is the Sybil Levin Health & Wellbeing Centre?
The Sybil Levin Health & Wellbeing Centre is a specialist day care centre for older people. We offer person-centred care that seeks to enhance the choice and independence of older people.
Sybil Levin is unique in offering supported services such as hairdressing and bathing. In addition, the centre is equipped to support people who are physically frail, have dementia or a disability.
Sybil Levin provides a range of stimulating activities, day trips, nourishing hot meals and door-to-door transport to improve the wellbeing of the older person. We also celebrate special occasions, holidays and festivals.
In addition you or your loved ones will be in safe hand as all our staff and volunteers are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service, formerly CRB) checked.
With regular attendance and familiarity of setting, Sybil Levin
offers significant emotional, mental and social benefits to you or your loved ones.
What do we offer?
- Specialist support for older people with higher levels of care needs
- Companionship, support and personal care such as bathing or hairdressing
- A variety of stimulating activities including arts and crafts, music and movement, and reminiscing
- Nourishing hot meals and refreshments
- Door-to-door transport via our specially adapted minibus
- Drop-in sessions
What extra support do we offer?
We can help you to access:
- Carers’ respite if you are supporting an older person
- Information on other agencies and services that can help
- Counselling if you need someone to talk things through
- Advocacy if you need support, representation or help to make difficult decisions
- Information and advice on benefits entitlements, financial matters, aids and adaptations
Who is the service for?
Anyone aged 55+
How is this service delivered?
Via experienced staff and volunteers who are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service, formerly CRB) checked.
Where is this service delivered?
The Sybil Levin Centre
577a Nuthall Road
How much does this service cost?
- Prices vary according to individual needs
- You may use your Personal Budget as determined by the Council or self-fund
For more information or to access this service, please contact Michelle Sanderson at 0115 978 0011.