Ambition for Ageing
Age Friendly Crompton - Grand Voting Event
- Saturday 18th March 2017
- 2pm - 4m
- St Andrew's Methodist Church, Trent Raod, Shaw OL2 7QU
Our Ambition for Ageing project aims to create more age friendly communities in Alexandra, Crompton and Failsworth West wards of Oldham and we've been looking for brilliant ideas of how to achieve this for the community in the Crompton area
Come and join us on Saturday 18th March, listen to the great new ideas for projects and then vote for which ideas you think should receive investments of up to £2,000!
Free light lunch will be provided
Contact Nicola Shore on 0161 622 9257 to book your place and arrange transport if needed
Read details of our latest news in our December Community Newsletter here....
Turn your ideas into reality!
People are being encouraged to put forward their ideas for making your community more ‘age friendly’ and ask for funding of up to £2,000 to get started. It’s not just open to community groups to apply, you could apply as an individual, a group of neighbours or a local business with a good idea.
We are looking for ideas that:
- increase social networks and opportunities for people to meet
- reach more isolated people now or in the future
- involve people aged 50+ in planning and delivery
- have other benefits for the local community (e.g. across generations)
- consider sustainability or create some kind of legacy that will benefit the community
Help is available to put your proposal together if you need it so chat to us about your idea and we can help you fill in the application form.
For more information or to request an application form, please contact Nicola Shore on 0161 622 9257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org