Choosing the Right Care is a project that provides an independent support and information service to anyone who requires any assistance in finding suitable care within the community or in a care home in the Oldham area.
We can offer practical help and support you with the issues surrounding moving into a care home or give you advice to find out and access other services which will help you to stay living independently in the community for as long as is possible.
Our service is free, impartial, independent and confidential.
What we can offer?
- Find out what you need to do if you feel that you or someone you care for needs help.
- One to one support and advice provided by experienced staff to explain your options and help you to make your own decisions regarding your future care.
- A recognised list of care providers - to help you stay living independently in the community.
- A range of in-depth factsheets which deal with some of the care related issues which may affect you or someone you are caring for
- A useful information pack if you are considering moving into a care home.
- Full details on the care homes in the Oldham area.
- Access to current inspection reports on all care providers.
- Help you find out about the current bed vacancies in care home.
- Help you to address specific financial concerns you may have when paying for care either in your own home or in a care home.
- Make sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to.
- Explain housing options and point you in the right direction.
- Accompanied visits to alternative accomodation, if appropriate.
- Coordination of suitable transport to view accommodation, if appropriate.
How to obtain information from us.
Visit Us at our office where you will find a wealth of information to help you:-
- Information Centre, 3 Lord Street, Oldham, OL1 3HB - Next to the main post office
- Between 9:30am - 3:30 p.m each weekday
Call us 9:00am - 4:30pm each weekday for information and advice
- 0161 622 9314
- 0161 622 9333
- 0161 622 9312
If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail or require individual support, make an appointment with our Project Co-ordinator, Christine Coupe on the numbers above.
Home and hospital visits are available.
Age UK Oldham 'Choosing the Right Care Factsheet'
This factsheet includes details of the types of care homes, full contact details, the current Oldham Care Home Quality Rating and if the home charges a third party top-up fee and what the amount per week is.
It also includes some important information about funding and financial assessments.The information has been produced in partnership with Age UK Oldham and the local authority, lists all the homes in the Oldham area, and gives their registration status and details about the people they are able to care for.
Click here to view the Age UK Oldham 'Choosing the Right Care Factsheet'
Age UK Oldham 'Choosing the Right Care Home Factsheets' and the Care Quality Commission inspection reports.
Click here or on the link below to view the full list of care home factsheets in the Oldham area and the Care Quality Commission inspection reports.
Oldham Council - Health and Social Care Factsheet
The Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council website gives you up-to-date information on a range of health and social care issues. You can also to obtain a copy of the Choosing the Right Care Home leaflet from the website. Click here or on the link below.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) Care Home Inspection Reports
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is responsible for the registration and inspection of all care services in the UK.
To find out more about what they do or view the latest inspection reports of the care homes in our area visit the CQC website - click here or on the link below
Copies of Inspection Reports are also available for viewing at Age UK Oldham.
To help you find out which homes have space available, download our document that details the current care home vacancies in Oldham. This information is updated on a weekly basis.
Download the current care home bed vacancies list.
Age UK Information Guides and Factsheets
Click here or below for a full list of the available information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics to help and inform you and your family.
Information guides are short and easy to digest, giving a comprehensive overview of the relevant topic where as factsheets are longer with more detail, for those who want more information.
Current care home vacancies
Download our document that details the current care home vacancies in Oldham.
Download the current care home vacancies
Christine Coupe - Project Coordinator
Phone: 0161 622 9314 / 07808 323 074