Would you like to make a difference for older people in your community? Find out about volunteering for Age UK Oxfordshire.
Volunteers are a vital part of the work we do every day with and for older people in Oxfordshire. We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities, whether you want to make new friends, develop new skills or give something back to your local area.
You can support us and make a difference to the lives of older people, by doing anything from helping to run social groups and activities, giving someone a regular friendly phonecall, or sharing your skills in a computer training class. However you'd like to get involved, we'd love to hear from you.
Here are just some examples of what you can get involved with:
- Helping to inform older people in your community about activities and services that are available to them
- Become a Phone Friend and give a regular telephone call to someone who may be isolated or lonely
- Teaching someone computer basics and how to use the internet
- Helping out in our Community Clubs or Lunch Clubs
- Become a Befriender with OxBEL to suport someone with a life-limiting illness
- Helping to support people who have been bereaved at one of our Late Spring groups
- Giving administrative support to our offices in Abingdon and Banbury
- Helping out at an exercise class, supporting the tutor and attendees
- Volunteer for Carers Oxfordshire some of our roles include raiding awareness in our community, becoming a befriender or companion, helping us with fundraising and becoming a Blue Badge Champion
All of our volunteers will primarily go through a registration process which includes the request of two references and a Disclosure and Barring check (if applicable). Age UK Oxfordshire has a strong commitment to paid staff and volunteers, which is shown through our training and development programmes in accordance with our Investors in People and ISO 9001 accreditations.
Find out more
For more information about current opportunities please fill out our contact form or call us on 01235 849400. We look forward to working with you!