For Later Life Conference 2017
For Later Life is the must attend conference for anyone with an interest in age-related business, research, policy or service delivery.
The conference will take place on Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at the QEII Conference Centre in Westminster.
The deadline for registering is Tuesday 31 January 2017.
Creating a culture of wellbeing
Improving older people's wellbeing is not just a job for GPs. The next For Later Life Conference will look at the variety of factors that come together to underpin wellbeing, including:
- cognitive health
- levels of support and social connectedness
- financial security
- housing and living arrangements
- and last but not least the capacity to participate and be valued.
With continuing cuts to local government funding, people working longer than ever before, and social isolation on the rise, it's more important than ever that public, voluntary and private sector services for older people are joined up.
This year's conference is an opportunity for people from all sectors to come together to discuss how we can create a culture of wellbeing in later life.
Why should I attend?
- Hear from the top experts in age-related business, research, policy and service delivery
- Expand your knowledge on the challenges facing older people today
- Get tips and advice on how to further develop your services to effectively meet the needs of older people
- Share best practice
- Have your say in the discussion!
The conference was fantastic - a really enjoyable and informative day.
We'll be showcasing our new Wellbeing Index
Conference attendees will be some of the first to hear about Age UK’s new Wellbeing Index - a new tool for measuring wellbeing, developed by Age UK and Southampton University and designed to support an evidence based, holistic approach to understanding and improving older people's lives, nationally and right down to neighbourhood level.
Exhibit at For Later Life
Raise the profile of your organisation by exhibiting at the conference. There are also opportunities to sponsor the conference and advertise in the delegate book.
Sessions and speakers
The conference will be chaired by TV and radio presenter Miriam O'Reilly, and confirmed speakers include:
- Rt Hon Damian Green MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Martha Lane Fox CBE, Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords and co-founder of Lastminute.com
- John Cridland CBE, Independent Reviewer of State Pension Age, and former Director General of the Confederation of British Industry
- Andrea Sutcliffe, Chief Inspector of Adult Social Care, Care Quality Commission
- Dr Alan Gow, Research Leader and Associate Professor in Psychology, Heriot Watt University
Confirmed sessions include:
- The internet: help or hindrance to social inclusion?
- An ageing workforce: challenge or opportunity?
- Is more supportive housing the answer to social care?
See the full programme
How much does it cost?
The cost of a ticket includes full access to the conference and exhibition, light lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments.
Our early-bird rates have now expired. The deadline for registering for the conference is Tuesday 31 January 2017.
|Age UK Local Partners
||£129 + VAT
|Charity / Voluntary / Public Sector
||£149 + VAT
||£299 + VAT
How do I book a place at the conference?
The quickest way is to book online through our eventbrite page. Or you can book by phone 0203 033 1725. Read the booking terms and conditions.
Need further information?
If you have any further questions, please contact the conferences team at email@example.com or on 0203 033 1725.
Follow us on Twitter @age_uk #ForLaterLife for the latest conference updates.
Thanks to our conference co-sponsors