Handyperson / Handyman- local charity
£9 - 12 an hour depending on experience plus 5% pension and mileage
Age UK Richmond upon Thames is a local independent charity providing services and support to the local older people. Our services include information & advice; social centres; a home from hospital nightingale service and a range of home support services such as housekeeping, gardening and handyperson. Our services, staff and volunteers make a real difference to people’s lives.
Our useful handyperson service helps clients with a range of tasks including fitting key safes / grab rails; moving furniture; putting up shelves; fixing taps and painting / decorating. We aim to help in any way we can.
We are looking for skilled and capable individuals who will ideally come from a maintenance background to join us on a casual contract basis. Successful candidates will be able to help with a range of tasks that may include:
- General DIY skills
- Basic plumbing
- General carpentry
- Moving furniture
- Fitting key safes
- Painting and decorating
- Assembling flat-pack furniture
- Basic electrics
There may be an opportunity for higher rates of pay for more specialised skill sets that allow us to expand our offer such as painting & decorating, complex joinery and electrics.
- Enjoy varied work
- Be able to think on their feet and problem solve
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Be happy to work alone
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Hard working & physically fit
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Possess good all round multi-trade skills
- Good customer service skills
- Full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Have good IT skills
- Have qualifications or experience relevant to the skills required
- Be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious
Please note that this is a casual contract position, meaning we will be able to offer you work when it is available. This arrangement may suit handypersons / handymen with existing businesses looking for extra work, or those looking for part time casual work. We can also consider self-employment if this suits better.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading local charity, and provide a valued service to the local community.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com