Hours: 35 hrs per week
Most duties will take place between Monday - Friday, between 9am and 5pm
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Housekeeping Staff
Salary: £23 - 26k per annum dependent on experience plus 5% company pension and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Location: Age UK Richmond Office- East Sheen, London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
Age UK Richmond upon Thames is a local, well established independent voluntary organisation providing services and support to older people in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. We aim through our services to improve health & wellbeing; support independent living and have a real impact on quality of life.
Our popular Housekeeping Service has been operating for five years, and has an excellent reputation for its quality of service and reliability. By providing cleaning; laundry; the preparation of meals; prescription collection and shopping to older people in their own homes, our service helps to improve wellbeing and support independent living. We do not provide personal care.
The post holder will manage and coordinate our housekeeping service- including booking client appointments; handling payments; organising staff member work diaries and supervising housekeepers. This is a busy and challenging role that will require strong administration, communication and IT skills. The post holder will work with other coordinators, but will be expected to take a leadership approach to the administration of the service.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a local charity and help older people.
- To be responsible for the smooth day to day operation of our Housekeeping Service, and work as part of our wider Home Services team.
- Supervision of a team of twenty housekeepers working in the community, plus office based volunteers.
- Organising staff diaries / work schedules; finding cover during periods of sickness / leave and taking a calm approach to dealing with problems.
- Speaking with clients and/or next of kin to ensure they are aware when to expect a visit and organise payment.
- To answer the telephone, book client appointments and ensure that the customer journey with Age UK Richmond upon Thames is a positive one.
- Check timesheets & expenses and manage the recruitment process for new Housekeeping staff.
- To monitor the dedicated service email accounts, and enquiries received online through the website, and to respond to them appropriately.
- Organise & handle payments, ensure they are received on time and keep appropriate financial records.
- Organise diaries and keep client information on our CharityLog database.
- Provide support to other coordinators covering our handyperson and gardening services where possible.
- Attendance at relevant meetings and events to publicise and support the service.
- Liaise with other Age UK Richmond services including information & advice; social & wellbeing services and our Nightingale home from hospital service.
- Be part of developing the service, and always be looking for ways to increase income and control costs.
- To uphold and implement the policies and procedures of Age UK Richmond upon Thames throughout all aspects of work.
1. One years’ experience in a busy administration / coordination role
2. Excellent administration and communication skills
3. Experience of supervising staff
4. Experience of handling payments in some capacity.
5. Strong work ethic, self-motivation and excellent communication skills.
6. Excellent IT skills, including use of a database.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
8. A professional and friendly approach.
9. Motivated and reliable with excellent time keeping and punctuality.
10. The ability to work independently and within a team.
11. The ability to prioritise workload and use own initiative.
12. Able to meet deadlines and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
13. The ability to understand and respond sensitively to the needs of older people.
14. A proactive approach to help grow the service, and help improve systems and efficiency.
- Experience of supervising / administrating a similar service for older people- examples could include home / domiciliary care, care home services, cleaning, shopping.
- Experience of supervising / administrating a housekeeping / cleaning service
Unconfirmed, but we are expecting around November 2017, when the current post holder leaves her post.
Closing Date for applications
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th September 2017. Please email your application to email@example.com