The Age Scotland Awards celebrate the individuals and groups in our communities who are working to make a positive difference to the lives of older people in Scotland.
Nominations for the 2017 Age Scotland Awards are now open! Award categories for 2017 are listed below:
- The Jess Barrow Award for Campaign or Influencing - an individual or group who, by campaigning, have highlighted a specific issue which has benefited older people.
- The Patrick Brooks Partnership Award - a partnership of two or more groups or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to addressing the needs of older people.
- Service for Older People Award - An individual or group who have provided an innovative service run by, or on behalf of, older people with the aim of tackling loneliness and isolation or improving health and wellbeing.
- Member Group of the Year Award - an Age Scotland member group whose activities have championed the needs of older people and had a profound impact on their members.
- Volunteer of the Year Award - a volunteer that has championed a group or organisation to benefit the lives of other older people or on behalf of older people.
** New categories for 2017! **
- Lifelong Learning Award - An older person or older people’s group who are involved in a learning activity and whose stories will provide the inspiration to encourage others to give learning a go.
- Age Scotland Inspiration Award - An inspiring older person or a group who has been an inspiration in supporting and enabling older people to love later life.
Deadline for nominations is Friday 25th November so don't delay! Let's celebrate those working to help everyone love later life.