Pension Credit doesn’t just top up your income. It’s also your passport to lots of other savings.
Here are 6 perks of claiming Pension Credit:
- It’s unlikely you’ll have to pay Council Tax (unless other people live with you). You will still have to pay the water charge in your council tax.
- You’ll get free NHS dental treatment, and you can claim help towards the cost of glasses and travel to hospital.
- You’ll get a Cold Weather Payment of £25 when the temperature is 0°C or below for 7 days in a row.
- If you rent your home, you may get your rent paid in full by Housing Benefit, unless other people live with you.
- If you own your home, you may be eligible for help with mortgage interest, ground rent and service charges.
- If you’re a carer, you may get an extra amount known as Carer Premium. This is worth up to £34.20 a week.
You have nothing to lose by applying, but potentially a lot to gain.