Investment advice

older lady smiling on telephone

If you have more money coming in than going out or a lump sum, you may be thinking about how to make the most of it. Contact the Money Advice Service for free, independent and unbiased advice.

Seeking financial advice

If you have money to save or invest we recommend that you seek professional advice from an independent financial adviser. Only ‘authorised’ financial advisers can advise on certain types of investment, including pensions, life assurance, shares, unit trusts and ‘lifetime mortgage’ equity release schemes.

The opens link in new window Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorises such firms. The FCA has a Financial Services Register which you can search for information on firms, individuals and investment schemes that are, or have been, regulated by the FCA to conduct business in the UK. You can contact the FCA's Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768 from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) and 9am to 1pm, Saturday.

lady growing carrots

Your Age Scotland

Set your location to see what Age Scotland offers in your local area.

Silver Line Scotland:
0800 4 70 80 90

Useful website

  • The Financial Conduct Authority is the body which regulates the financial services industry in the UK. Its aim is to protect consumers, ensure the industry remains stable and promote healthy competition between financial services providers.

Close window
Display options

Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

Text size


To see information relating to England, Northern Ireland or Wales set your preference below: