Activity Day Clubs
The Activity Day Club service offers door-to-door accompanied transport to a choice of four weekly clubs in two locations serving much of South Gloucestershire.
A typical day contains opportunities for a variety of fun and activities such as singing and playing percussion instruments, quizzes, exercises to music, art & craft, bingo, Nintendo Wii games, knitting, memory boxes, entertainment and occasional outings as well as times of quieter conversation and one-to-one support. A two course lunch and refreshments are also provided.
We will be happy to discuss you attending a 'taster session' so you can experience the service and meet other service users and staff team. Half day packages can also be booked (subject to availability) and a reduced rate applies if no transport is required.
Positive outcomes for service users
- Improved health and well-being
- Reduced isolation
- Increased motivation
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved social skills and communication
- Improved nutrition and hydration through monitoring
Carers can also recieve much-needed respite from their responsibilities. (Ad hoc days can be booked subject to availability of spaces.)
Locations and areas served
Nutfield House, Filton
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Filton, Patchway, Stoke Lodge, Littlestoke and Bradley Stoke
Poplar Gardens, Kingswood
Tuesdays and Wednesdays (inc. spaces for older people with the early stages of Alzheimers/dementia)
Kingswood, Staple Hill, Cadbury Heath, Downend, Mangotsfield and Longwell Green
(*Other areas may be considered by arrangement.)
Sorry, but our day care sevices are not available to people requiring personal care such as toileting or supervision of medication.
Accessing Day Services
1. Direct approaches from families of those who do not meet the Council funding criteria (see 3, below), but who would like to attend on a private payment basis.
2. Referal via a brokerage sevice who will support people who have a 'personal budget' to spend on support services.
3. Referal via South Gloucestershire Council Community Care & Housing Dept. (Under Fair Access to Care standards you must meet the eligibility criteria for risk categorised as either 'critical' or 'substantial'. An assessment will establish any contribution that may be needed towards the cost.)
Contact the Day Services Manager for more details or to book a taster session
Our Information and advice service can help you get an assessment of your needs and any benefits to which you may be entitled.
Information and advice service