"Thanks for all you excellent service to us in the past year.....We are managing well with the family and your help."
Whether it’s someone to get the weekly shop done, make sure the house is spic and span or just a bit of company during the week, Helping Hands is there for you and your family.
We draw on decades of experience providing help and support in the Sutton community to bring you a service that is trustworthy, affordable, and flexible.
What's more, we can help you apply for Attendance Allowance to help you cover the cost of the service.
Helping Hands can be tailored to suit your needs
You tell us what you want done and when, and we’ll make it happen.
Your dedicated Helping Hands Home Assistant can assist you or your loved ones with a variety of tasks in and around the home, so you can maintain your independence while enjoying everything later life has to offer.
Request a call back from the Helping Hands manager
How can we help?
A more detailed explanation of the services offered by Helping Hands can be foundhere
A helping hand to get back on your feet
Helping Hands now offers what we call a 're-ablement' service, which can support your loved ones to get back on their feet.
Following a fall, illness or hospital stay, you or your loved one might feel physically weak, and confidence and mental wellbeing can take a blow. With our 're-ablement' service, you/your loved one will receive intensive support for a minimum of 2 months to help regain independence.
• Helping to develop, practice and maintain routines for carrying out domestic chores
• Improving indoor and outdoor mobility through encouragement and gentle exercise
• Helping to gain the confidence to shop independently
• Helping to access transport (buses, trains, taxis etc) and practising using transport options
• Support to prepare nutritious meals in a safe way
• Encouraging general well-being and motivation through befriending
• Building confidence to start, accompany or resume a hobby, local activity or community interest
• Helping clients explore further options available to them (if required)
• Medication prompting and assisting
Helping Hands connects you to other services including:
- Garden maintenance and clearance
- Trusted tradesmen
- Internet and computer classes
- Lesiure and social opportunities
How much does it cost?
Our rates are very affordable, and we strive to keep it that way.
We can help you apply for £50+ per week Attendance Allowance to cover the cost.
There are many other services offered by Age UK Sutton, and as a part of Helping Hands, you will be connected to a network of support including information and advice, leisure activities, and computer classes among others.
What's more, because of our close working relationships with health and social care professionals, we can coordinate with them when putting in place a package of support.
Peace of mind for you, your family and those around you from a person you trust
We think it's very important for you to have a good rapport with your Helping Hand. We take great care when making a match, taking into consideration personality and requirements.
After all, this is a person you will be seeing regularly, and a friendly relationship between you and your Helping Hand is what we aspire to.
All Helping Hands are directly employed by Age UK Sutton. They are reference-checked, interviewed personally by a senior manager and are police vetted by undergoing a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check prior to commencing their role.