One Voice for Age is a members group for Sutton residents aged 50+ who wish to meet new people while doing something worthwhile for their community
Members of One Voice for Age meet monthly on a Monday to discuss how they can improve the lives of older people in the borough - for example by taking part in campaigns, research, volunteering, or by joining local and national groups to represent the voice of older people.
Participation can be as much or as little as you feel able to contribute, and attending meetings is not compulsory for membership, although they are a good opportunity to socialise over a cuppa while learning something new.
- Advocate on behalf of their peers to make sure local and national services meet their needs
- Represent older people's issues on local authority and partner committees, e.g. St Helier Discharge Pathway and Immunisation groups, and the Special Interest Group for Sutton’s older people and many more!
- Lobby and campaign locally and nationally on important issues such as transport and health
- Maintain an active presence in the community, by reaching out to isolated and vulnerable older people
- Provide support to Age UK Sutton, e.g. by interviewing older people
- Deliver training to professionals on older people's issues
- Meet with young people to break down barriers between generations
- Provide a voice to Sutton's older people and ensure their input is relevant
Attend one of One Voice for Age's meetings or find out more:
Contact us online
Tel: 020 8770 4096
One Voice for Age Sutton is funded by: