Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily
Age UK Tameside | For the local community
0161 308 5000
Providing information is one of the most important things that we do. Whether you want to find information for yourself, a family member or someone you know, we’re here to help.
We provide free assistance with welfare benefits, homelessness and housing problems, debt issues, financial issues associated with approaching retirement, consumer issues and legal advice.
We have staff and volunteers who speak Gujerati, Urdu, Punjabi and Bangla, and we run surgeries across the borough, as well as providing home visits for people with mobility issues.
We work closely with local professionals to offer support around Wills, Equity Release Information and Advice, and we provide an alternative office for the Department of Work and Pensions.
For more information call Mark Norris on 0161 308 5007.
We will be holding legal clinics within our offices at 131 Katherine Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7AW. The clinics will be run by Trusha Velji of Touch Solicitors, who will be coming in to provide information and advice.
The general clinics Trusha will be providing will be a great addition to the wills service that we will continue to provide with Grubar Garrett.
Trusha can advise on the following areas of law:
• Wills including Will Trusts
• Probate and Estate Administration including obtaining grant of Probate/Letters of Administration (Intestacy)
• Lasting Powers of Attorney & Enduring Powers of Attorney including registration
• Court of Protection applications
• Care home issues including funding, assessments, disputes with Social Services / NHS /Care Home
• Disabled Persons Trusts as well as discretionary, Life Interest, and Personal Injury Trusts
• Contested Probate and disputed Wills
• Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975
• Future planning, either for mitigating liability to inheritance tax or towards care home fees
Trusha can also offer free home visits to all customers within our catchment area.
For information on attending the legal clinics please contact Mark Norris on 0161 308 5007 or you can email him on firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is managed by Age UK Tameside working in partnership with Age UKAge UK Tameside, 131 Katherine Street, Ashton under Lyne, OL6 7AW
Registered charity number 1142364. VAT registration number 116461041.® Age UK Tameside 2011. All rights reserved.