Our mission is to promote the well-being of all older people and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Values and principles underpin what we do, why we do it, and guide how we work to achieve our mission. Our underlying principles are:
- Ageism is unacceptable: we are against all forms of unfair discrimination, and challenge unfair treatment on grounds of age.
- All people have the right to make decisions about their lives: we help older people to discover and exercise these rights.
- People less able to help themselves should be offered support: we seek to support older people to live their lives with dignity.
- Diversity is valued in all that we do: we recognise the diversity of older people and their different needs, choices, cultures and values.
- It is only through working together that we can use our local, regional and national presence to the greatest effect.
Our work is also guided by a set of values:
- Enabling: we enable older people to live independently and exercise choice.
- Influential: we draw strength from the voices of older people, and ensure that those voices are heard.
- Dynamic: we are innovative and driven by results and constantly deliver for older people.
- Caring: we are passionate about what we do and care about each individual.
- Expert: we are authoritative, trusted and quality-orientated.